Duration: To be taught on three consecutive Mondays
Location: Preston's College
The 17th Edition Wiring Regulations are to be updated and an 18th Edition course will be available before the end of the year. The IET’s current timetable is set for the 18th Edition to be live by July 2018. With this is mind the College have decided to continue offering the 17th Edition until the 18th Edition has become available, however an opportunity to complete an 18th Edition revision update morning and exam for a cost of £85 will be available for anyone completing the 17th Edition with the College before July 2018.
What will I learn?
Units of study include:
– Requirements for safety
– Definitions, plan, style and scope of the regulations
– Assessment of general characteristics
– Electrical supply systems
– Accessories, standard circuit arrangements and diversity
– Protection against shock and overcurrent
– Selection of live conductors
– Sizing conduit and trunking systems
– Earth arrangements and protective conductors
– Cable installation
– Isolation and switching
– Protection against thermal effects
– Selection and erection of equipment
– Special installation
– Identification notices
– Inspection and testing
How will I be taught?
You will be taught theory in the classroom.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment is by formal examination completed online to obtain accreditation.
What can I do next??
There is no specific progression from this course, however, you may wish to take other related qualifications in this area. The qualification provides suitable knowledge to progress your career in the industry. The qualification means you will be qualified for undertaking wiring work.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course. However, the course is designed for electricians involved with the installation or maintenance of electrical supply systems. It is an essential qualification for NICEIC accreditation.